About Missions at Faith Fellowship
“…and you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere, in Jerusalem, in Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” – Acts 1:8
A portion of Faith Fellowship’s operating budget is used for mission support in the local community (Jerusalem), in areas beyond the Riverbend (Judea and Samaria), and overseas (the ends of the earth). Of the total Missions budget, over 40% goes to Christ-centered ministries in Alton and the surrounding area. The remainder goes to support the work of Christian missions in other parts of the world. Some of these funds are also designated for quick response to immediate needs during times of crisis locally and worldwide.
The following missions receive annual support from Faith Fellowship through financial assistance, prayer, and/or hands-on volunteer support.
- Riverbend Family Ministries (Wood River)
- First Fruits (Jerseyville)
- Community Hope Center (Cottage Hills)
- THRIVE (Godfrey)
- Good Samaritan Ministries (Washington Park)
- Crisis Food Center (Riverbend Area)
- Central Christian College of the Bible (St. Louis, MO)
- Laughing Bear Bakery (St. Louis)
- Reliant Missions (U of I Campus Ministry- Peter & Suzanne Loverink)
- Compassion International: (4 Child Sponsorships)
- Jentezen Franklin Ministries
- Bright Hope (Uganda)
- The Mission Society (Walden)
- Hope Orphan Home (Sierra Leone)
Watch for volunteer opportunities and learn more about the ministry each of these missions provides through the website links. Get involved in serving!